Real estate sales at Lakeshore were quiet in July. While the interest rates have gone up, I think the larger reason is that there were no homes for sale. How were sales compared to
5 Home Selling Tips to Avoid
Dated: June 29 2022
There are 5 home selling mistakes to avoid which if made could cost you a lot of money.
1. Underestimating the cost of selling. The total cost to sell a home can amount to much more than the agent commissions most people expect to pay. Be sure to factor in closing costs, repairs, and other concessions to the buyer.
2. Setting an unrealistic price. The price you want and what the market will pay can be two very different things. Price according to Fair Market Value, which refers to how a home is valued when both the buyer and seller are reasonably knowledgeable about the property and neither is under any pressure to buy or sell.
3. Only considering the highest offer. The highest offer, while exciting, isn’t always the best offer given your needs. It is important to look over the offer for contingencies and make sure to choose the best option for you.
4. Ignoring major repairs. A long list of maintenance issues can turn buyers off and potentially decrease the value of your home. Be sure to keep up on the home's maintenance and carefully consider any renovations if your goal is to add to the home’s value.
5. Not preparing for your home to sell quickly. A long list of maintenance issues can turn buyers off and potentially decrease the value of your home. Be sure to keep up on the home's maintenance and carefully consider any renovations if your goal is to add to the home’s value.
Nancy has been a licensed real estate agent for 25 years helping clients all over the Northern Virginia region with both resale homes and new construction. She is a consistent top producer, having att....
Latest Blog Posts
IT'S BACK!!The Virginia Sales tax holiday is back and it's not just for clothes and school supplies. It also includes hurricane and emergency preparedness items and Energy Star and Water Sense